8/14/11

Colette Baron-Reid's 7-Card Spread

Colette Baron-Reid is an intuitive counsellor, and has created two oracle decks that I really like: The Wisdom of the Hidden Realms and the Wisdom of Avalon. The WHR has been a faithful companion for a while, and the WA is the newest member of my divination family. Both decks come with fairly complete companion booklets, but the spreads taught in them are very very basic.

Thankfully, Colette herself decided to teach us a new 7-card spread in one of her videos. She says the spread is meant to be used for relationship readings, but in my experience it's a good spread for any kind of question. This particular spread has given me eerily accurate readings, and I thought it could be useful to other card-readers.

Enjoy!



1. Past influences - what made the situation what it is now.

2. Present - the current state of the situation, or the querent's current state of mind.

3. Short-term future - the next development, what the querent will face soon.

4. The obstacle - what is hindering the situation (sometimes this position shows that there are no obstacles at all!).

5. The others - how the other person sees the situation OR external influences that are affecting the situation.

6. The best course of action - what is the best thing you can do now in regard to this situation.

7. The probable outcome - the probably outcome if you follow the advice given in card #6.



Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards © Colette Baron-Reid

6 comments:

  1. I think I'll go try this spread. :)

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this spread, I'll try it and see how it works for me. I think it'll do very nicely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great spread! Thank you for sharing, since I never would have found it on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!
    It´s similar to the Horseshoe-Spread shown in a different pattern, isn´t it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend and I just did it together with the Wisdom of Hidden Realms card deck she got from Colette Baron-Reid herself, for me since I was wondering about my relationship and wow, it was a great read! And your process of it was a big help. Everything is going great and I need to learn to experience it further and know that the dreams are coming to fruition - as the deck explained to me. :) Thank you for your insightful help on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Noori! I am glad that my post helped you! I really like the Wisdom of the Hidden Realms, and it works wonderfully well with this spread! :-)

    ReplyDelete